- 1 lb Lean ground turkey (Or lean ground beef)
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 2 cups Spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp Basil/oregano seasoning (or any blend of italian herbs)
- 1tsp Garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, pressed)
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Frozen chopped spinach (or veggie of choice) or (de-thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel)
- 2 tbs Grated parmesan cheese + 6 tbs to garnish over the top of each pepper
- Optional 1 tsp (or 1 packet) low calorie sweetener of choice to put in the sauce
- The estimated total time to make this recipe is 35-40 Minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil, (for easy clean up), coat with non-stick cooking spray. Wash red peppers, and cut around the stem to remove.
- Remove the stems.
- Cut peppers in half length-wise, and remove the seeds and ribs inside the peppers. Set peppers on baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook ground turkey in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Stir and break up the turkey while it’s cooking. When turkey is almost completely cooked through, add the sauce and seasoning to the pan. Stir and continue to cook until the turkey is completely cooked (when it is no longer pink). Add the spinach and parmesan and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture into each pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 tbs parmesan over each pepper (or another low fat shredded cheese, such as mozzarella).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and lightly golden brown.
Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!!!