After studying in Wales, Laura was lucky enough to be offered a position in her hometown of Banchory and is now an integral part of Banchory Chiropractic Clinic.
Education: MChiro DC LRCC
Work Days: Monday-Friday
After studying in Wales, Laura was lucky enough to be offered a position in her hometown of Banchory. Laura has been an integral part of Banchory Chiropractic for the past year and a half, single-handedly taking on the clinic while Felicity was on maternity leave. During this time as well as caring for her much loved patients she has undertaken various courses to add to her skill set so she can make sure she can offer the best care for each individual person. These include:
- Dry Needling – a Western form of Acupuncture, which uses the muscles to map where the needles go. It has been shown as a painless way of relaxing the body and increasing blood flow.
- Kinesio-taping – a form of taping which helps to facilitate muscles which have been working dysfunctionally.
- Pregnancy-related Chiropractic – techniques to allow mums-to-be to benefit from what Chiropractic has to offer in a safe and effective way.
- Paediatric Chiropractic – techniques and up-to-date research to help children be the best that they can be in a safe and non-invasive manner.
Before this Laura spent the last 5 years with Chiropractic as her life, studying at the Welsh Institute of Chiropractic where she gained the most recent research and evidence to support her knowledge of the body. Laura is keen to apply this knowledge in clinic life and provide patients with the best care available.
Apart from Chiropractic, Laura spends the rest of her time with the other love of her life – her horse. She has always been into horses from a young age, competing at all levels from her time at Pony Club to being on the Findon Riding Club qualifying team down at the National Championships in Lincoln before heading off to University. Now, she’s back in the saddle and bringing on her horse to event in the new season. Laura is also an avid runner, with the Bristol and Cardiff half marathons under her belt.
To be able to have the energy for all this, Laura has developed a keen interest in nutrition and how it can not only change the scales but every aspect of your health – from how well you sleep at night to the clarity in your mind a good diet can make.
Laura is fully registered with the General Chiropractic Council and a member of the following associations:
- British Chiropractic Association
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Chiropractors
Laura volunteers at our local charity the Forget Me Not Club, this is a wonderful day centre for individuals suffering with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. This centre is run by volunteer carers, and the centre relies solely on charitable donations. Laura gives up her time once a month to give the carers on site chiropractic treatment to make sure they can continue their valuable work.